Warranty & Care
Seagull watches are high-precision, high-tech products. Each watch leaving the factory has undergone strict quality and performance testing over several days. Despite this, Seagull still provides warranty services with different warranty periods, covering any potential manufacturing defects.
According to Seagull watch retail transaction prices, the warranty periods are divided as follows:
(1) Watches under $300 are warranted for 1 year.
(2) Watches between $300 to $1500 are warranted for 2 years.
(3) Watches above $1500 are warranted for 3 years, with lifetime maintenance.
Within the warranty period: Issues caused by defects in the movement itself will be repaired for free. However, damages due to human factors like collisions, water ingress, chemical contact, self-disassembly etc. will not be covered by free repair (e.g. obvious knocks causing broken balance staff, case damage, cracked crystal, broken crown, strap damage, etc.).
For watches that have not been properly repaired after 3 repairs for the same issue, the movement will be replaced. The watch will then have a 3 month warranty after the repair.
Watch Repair Cycle:
The repair cycle is 15 working days for regular watches, and 30 working days for tourbillon watches.
Watch Wearing and Daily Care Guidelines:
- Do not wear the watch in hot tubs, saunas, or environments with drastic temperature changes.
- Do not operate the buttons or crown underwater.
- Periodically clean the band/bracelet and case. For leather bands, avoid contact with water, moisture, cosmetics, and direct sunlight.
- Keep your watch away from magnetic fields of appliances, phones, and magnets.
- Only authorized personnel should disassemble the watch.
- Protect your watch from impacts, collisions, and drops.
- Do not adjust the date between 8pm - 4am (except for specific watches). This can damage the movement and cause incorrect date switching.
- For automatic winding watches, manual winding can supplement the power reserve when inactive or not being worn.
Notes on Adjusting the Calendar:
Please avoid adjusting the date between 8pm - 4am, as this can easily damage the watch and cause incorrect date switching. Since the restricted time window varies between different watch models, it is recommended to refer to the instruction manual of your specific watch.
Daily Care Guidelines for Watch Bands:
- Avoid contact with water or moisture to prevent discoloration or deformation
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight to prevent fading
- Leather is porous so avoid contact with oils, greases or cosmetics which can penetrate.